JW&CO Logo

Tenant's Information

Client Money Handling Procedures

Please view information about our procedures here.

Tenants Contents Insurance

Landlords are obliged to insure the building and any fixtures and fittings but it is the tenant's responsibility to insure the contents and their personal possessions. We can suggest insurers who will offer such cover if required.


For clarity: An emergency is something that could not have been foreseen and for the avoidance of doubt, we would define an emergency as a serious maintenance matter that endangers one's health or safety.

As an example, we have compiled a list of emergencies that may include but are not limited to:

If your landlord has a Home Care agreement, please contact the company providing this. The most common providers are: British Gas: 0800 107798 / HomeServe: 0330 123 0179

If you have an emergency when our office is closed, please ensure that you are experiencing a true emergency and that the issue cannot be resolved during our office opening hours as if a contractor is called out as an emergency when a repair is not justified, you will be liable for all costs. Once again, for the avoidance of doubt we would define an emergency as serious maintenance matters that endanger health or safety.

Please call your landlord directly or any emergency number they have provided.

Emergency Contact numbers:
Greg Stephens (Plumber/Heating Engineer): 07883 745028
Paul McCann (Electrician): 07904 692572
Rob Baines (Appliances): 07980 573150
Kevin Knight (Handyman): 07825 178999